Monday, February 18, 2008

The Spice is the Cabinet,The Cabinet is the Spice


True to my New Year's resolution I have continued to de-clutter the little corners of my life. Here is my spice cabinet....after de-cluttering. It was a journey back in time to Thanksgivings, Yule celebrations and birthdays past. Ancient spices purchased to create that 'perfect' meal 10 years ago. Candles in single digit shapes, sprinkles in a preschoolers favorite colors and long hardened cinnamon/sugar still with small buttery fingerprints on the jar. Spices that were my mother's favorites, used only to re-create a long gone cherished meal. I took out each bottle and tin, reaching far back in the past and let them go, some with a smile and some with a tear.
Now my spice cabinet is organized and clean, the spices fresh and new. I step into the future, remembering the past. Spicy and Delicious!

1 comment:

VickeryKnits said...

Lookin' good! I love the feeling after you de-clutter.
Will hopefully be at knitting on Wed. hope to see you there!