Friday, December 02, 2011

hair bites

keeping hair tidy with a yarn bomb.

Yarnivore likes biting bike racks.  Long Beach California has so many to choose from in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.  My most recent target is the bike rack that looks like a ...wait for it....person riding a bike! (how novel). Now the 'person' riding this bike (rack) has hair that is blowing back in the imaginary wind.  Well this just won't do.  Yarnivore needs to tidy that up a bit so I knitted some lovely little triangle head scarves to help them out. There are many of these but my main target bike rack is on PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) and Loynes Drive near the 'Local Spot' coffee house.
One bright Friday morning the scarf was applied and off to work I went.  It lasted two days.  Not the quickest removal of one of my yarn bombs, but pretty quick I will say.  I plan to re-bomb it today.  I thought it looked adorable...and delicious. 
Photo credit, Judy Kilpatrick/Alamitos Bay Yarn Company

No comments: