Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's Really Green


It was a hot summer day and I had just finished a nalbinding project. My hands sat idle, I began to figit. I needed something, something to knit. My eyes wandered around the room and landed on the teapot. It's poor cozy was stained and worn, daily life had caught up with her. I took pity. Quickly I scanned my stash and found some olive drab wool, bought on sale, still in the ziplock bag. Oh yes, this could be it. My needles flew, the tea kettle sang and soon I had a new outfit for my precious Brown Betty. She sat patiently on her little flowered pillow and allowed me to dress her. Her spout held high, her handle sturdy and waiting, the cozy fit perfectly. She looked adorable as she posed for the photo, alas the lighting in my kitchen was not flattering so I thought she would look better in red.....delicious.

No comments: