Sunday, September 14, 2008


So I had to make a holiday gift item for the yarn shop I work at (only a day a week, and then teach a few classes in the eves). I thought and thought, hhhmmmm, what will I do? So many things came to mind, not to mention that I had just made a pair of wrist warmers for a double pointed knitting needle class that I am teaching this fall. So I took a look around the shop for color inspiration...then it hit me! Minnow Knits Merino, a new yarn that is very soft and comes in these outrageous candy colors. I decided to go with a Swedish theme and came up with this little (not really little) cowl/neck warmer! Isn't it adorable! You could use it as a childs skirt too I suppose. The drawstring keeps it from crumpling down so you can admire the lovely striped pattern. Speaking of the stripes....I used this stripe generator to help me out. I just love it! I can hardly wait to use it again. Oh goodness, my secret is out now, all of you getting knitted gifts from me this Yule be warned, they will be striped! Gotta love those candy stripes...eat em up!

1 comment:

nobu said...

lovely stripe.

It is getting cool. I suppose fall is good season for knitting.